This page outlines information useful to residents of the City of Hillcrest Village. Also see the City of Hillcrest Village welcome guide.

City Utilities

The city bills each resident monthly for water, sewer, garbage pickup, and fire/EMS services monthly as follows:

Water$16.00for the first 3000 gallons (minimum fee)
$3.25for every additional 1000 gallons
Brazoria County Ground Water District$0.32 
Garbage$16.00plus sales tax
Service Connection Deposit$175.00credited when service is discontinued
Late Payment Fee$25.00 
Returned Check Fee$30.00 
Reconnection Fee (first time)$75.00 
Reconnection Fee (subsequent)$250.00 

When service is requested, a $175.00 deposit is required to connect service. Deposits are applied as a credit when service is discontinued. An application for Service Utility Billing and Collections must be completed by the resident for new service.

Water meters are read on the third Monday of each month. Water meters must be accessible to the meter readers. Bills are mailed on the following Friday (after the meter is read) of the month. Payment due dates are stated on the bill. Payments not received by the due date will incur a $25.00 late fee. If a payment is not received in PO Box 1172, Alvin, TX 77512 after an additional 15 working days, water service is automatically disconnected until the entire bill and a nonrefundable $75.00 reconnection fee are paid. If service is disconnected a second time at the same residence for a delinquent payment, the customer must post a nonrefundable reconnection fee of $250.00 for service to be restored. The fee must be paid with a certified check only.

There is a $30.00 fee for all checks returned by the bank. If two checks are returned, subsequent payments must be made by cashier’s check, money order, or cash.

Residents are responsible for their own leaks on their side of the meter and are responsible for hiring a licensed plumber at the resident’s expense to repair leaks or to determine on which side of the meter the leak occurs. The resident is held responsible for any damage to the city’s property, and the city may shut off service without notice.

Garbage Pickup

Regular trash pickup is Monday and Thursday of each week. For questions regarding this service, please contact AmeriWaste at 281-331-8400.

Heavy Trash Pickup

The city has a heavy trash pickup two times each year. This service is usually scheduled in the spring and fall. Residents are notified of these dates in the city newsletter prior to these service dates. Instructions and exceptions are included in the newsletter.

State laws prohibit and regulate the disposal of certain items. You must separate burnable trash from non-burnable trash.

ou are encouraged to remove or otherwise discard all trash and unsightly debris from your property. Take advantage of the heavy trash pickup for the removal of such items.

Building Permits

Permits must be issued prior to any of the following building activities to include, but not limited to, the following:

  • New home or detached building construction
  • Additions to existing homes or detached buildings
  • Exterior remodeling, including roofing, siding, and so forth
  • Modifications to plumbing including water, sewer, gas, and air conditioning and heating systems
  • Electrical service modifications
  • In-ground or above-ground swimming pools
  • Attached or detached building demolition or moving
  • Erected fences

In short, any construction that changes, improves, or otherwise modifies the exterior of an existing building or any new construction erected on a property requires a building permit. Building permits are obtained through the city office. Call the city office at 281-756-0577, and they will give you the necessary information or have the building inspector contact you.

Animal Control

It is unlawful to keep any animal that does not have a current vaccination and license as prescribed by the laws of the State of Texas. These animals must wear a vaccination license (tag). It is also unlawful to keep any animal that disturbs the peace by loud or unusual barking or howling. Also note, Brazoria County has a leash law that pertains to the residents of the City of Hillcrest Village.

Utility and Drainage Easements
Each resident is responsible maintaining the streets and curbs in front of their homes. This responsibility includes mowing and keeping the easement weeds trimmed, including up the street. This procedure not only prevents street flooding due to clogged drains, but also keeps your city looking nice. Take pride in your home and city. Neatness is contagious; if you do your part, your neighbors will follow suit.

Tree Trimming
The City of Hillcrest Village does not trim trees. It is the responsibility of individual homeowners to keep their tree limbs to an elevation of at least 12 feet above street level where the limbs hang over the street.

Discharge of BB Guns and Air Rifles
An ordinance prohibits the discharge of BB guns, pellet guns, and air rifles within the city limits of the City of Hillcrest Village.

An ordinance prohibits the discharge of fireworks within the city limits of the City of Hillcrest Village.

City Easements and Alleyways
Several ordinances govern easements. The disposal of debris or storage of material on any city or public-owned easement or alleyway is prohibited. The operation of a motor vehicle upon or across any city or public-owned easement or alleyway is prohibited.

Fence Set Back Lines and Swimming Pools
The city has several ordinances regarding fence set back lines and swimming pool fencing. Please contact the city office at 281-756-0577 if you plan to install or update fences or swimming pools.

Ordinance Compliance
The Council continues to be pleased with the overall response that residents have made to ordinance notification letters. The majority of notified residents have fixed noncompliance items, and the Council has not had to assess fines. Hopefully, residents will continue to abide by our ordinances for the overall appearance and safety of the village. For a list of ordinances, see Ordinances.

Council Meetings
The City Council holds their meetings on the second Monday of each month at the Hillcrest City Building at 200 West Timberlane, starting at 7:00 PM. An agenda, listing the items to be considered, is posted at the building bulletin board. Posting time is at least 72 hours prior to the council meeting. Council meeting agendas are also posted on the Documents page of this Website.

If you want to address the council, please contact the city office at 281-756-0577 so that your name and the nature of your business can be placed on the agenda.

City Office Hours
The city office is open Monday – Thursday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm and on Friday from 8:00 am to 3:00 pm.

Contact Information
Please see the Contact the Council page.

Welcome Guide
For printed information, see the City of Hillcrest Village welcome guide.